Thursday, October 24, 2013

Support Someone’s Dream

Yesterday I received this email message from my friend Odecca “You truly are amazing, Mark!:) I adore you for being such a motivator!” In September I participated in a planning committee meeting that was chaired by Odecca. During the meeting Odecca would turned to me occasionally and said “Mark I know you are blogger!” However, the truth is I was not blogging daily at that time. Odecca did not know that I had started blogging about 4 years ago but I did not have the commitment to blog persistently and consistently.

Yesterday after I received her email I had to reflect on the importance of supporting someone’s dream. Here I was being told by a friend I am motivator. I do not know with any degree of certainty what I had done to inspire her. I do not know if it is because I volunteered to be part of the planning committee and fact that I am very supportive of her goals as chair. However, on my part I am absolutely certain that had Odecca not said to me very convincingly that she knew I was a blogger there is a high probability I would not have started blogging daily. I am truly grateful for Odecca’s kind words and the encouragement from you my friends and readers. Your support is deeply appreciated!

Am I motivating Odecca? Or is she is motivating me? Are you supporting someone’s dream?

When we help others around us achieve their goals we share in their celebration of success. We are also inspired by their successes. We support the dreams of others by being positive. We offer them encouragement. We support the dream of others by not being naysayers but rather offering useful feedback or evaluations. At the same time, we have to recognize that it is not our dream and consequently we have to allow others to make their own mistakes. We have to be selfless by thinking about the dreams of others in their eyes and not from our perspectives. You have to be ready to help if help is required.

Support someone’s dream and be inspired.

Have a great day!

Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog  http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.

No comments: