Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Wife Kicked Me Out

My wife kicked me out of the room this morning.

Every morning I wake up at the crack of dawn before the cock crow that is before the alarm clock goes off. There are no roosters near my home in Brampton, Ontario. I grew up in the 1970s as farm boy and to this day I still accustom to be up and out of bed between 4.30am and 5.00am.

I enjoy the stillness and reverence when I am up and alone either late in the night or very early in the morning. One of my favourite quotes is “Heights by great men reached and kept were not obtained by sudden flight but, while their companions slept, they were toiling upward in the night” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. I use the time alone early in the morning to reflect and connect with that spiritual force that makes me who I am.
This morning I woke up to the tunes and lyrics of Bob Marley’s Lively Up Yourself. The portion of the song I caught as I attempted to turn my alarm clock was:

Hey, you rock so, you rock so, like you never did before
You dip so, you dip so, and you can dip thru my door
You come so, you come so, oh yeah, like I do adore you
You skank so, you skank so, and-a I can assure you

You can lively up yourself and don't be no drag
Hey, you lively up yourself, can you dig it?

Hey (you rock so, you rock so), like you never did before
You dip so, you dip so, can you dig it?

Man, when I heard these lyrics I was on top of the world. You should see me rocking and dipping at 5am. I was dancing and prancing until my wife kicked my butt out of the room as she try to steal five more minutes of sleep. No sooner had she kicked me out she was up and about dancing Beyonce’s “Girls Who Run The World”.

Our positive energy is infectious. My positive energy was of such this morning that even when my wife kicked me out of the room she had no choice but to “rock so, dip so” dancing and prancing.

What song are you listening to this morning? What song makes you feel on top of the world? What song helps you to create positive energy?

Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog  http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.

No comments: