Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Battle with Mother Nature

I had a serious battle with Mother Nature on Sunday as I raked the lawn. It was slightly windy and that created a bit of healthy competition between leaves falling from the trees and myself. Needless to say in my battle with Mother Nature I came out on the losing end. Even before I was finished there were more leaves on the lawn than I managed to dispose of.

In my healthy encounter with Mother Nature I reflected on the autumn equinox which marks the arrival of the season of fall. It is a signal of changes. It also means the Canadian winter is just around the corner. Winter and I are not friends.  One year I spent the entire Valentine’s Day in the emergency room at Credit Valley Hospital after shoveling snow which I swear came from across the entire country and accumulated only on my driveway. Winter for me is another story for another time!

On Sunday as I raced with the leaves falling to the ground I was in awe with how the process reflects our lives. I saw the falling leaves similar to us letting go off things that prevented us from succeeding in our lives, relationships or careers which we call the burdens of life.

Fall is the season that allows us to reflect on the impermanence of things around us and embrace changes in our lives. Just as the flowers budded in the April and May and radiated with beauty in the summer our lives in about constant changes. When the leaves fall and the branches are bared it is a preparation for the renewal of our spirit. It could the birth of a new idea for business or your career or a new relationship. It is about something exciting. It is about something that will give you joy and happiness.

Like the leaves are falling from the trees let go off the things that are preventing you from succeeding in your lives, relationship and careers. Let the leaves fall and your branches bared of your burdens of life but rejuvenate your spirit for success just as the plants budding of life in April and May. Rekindle your joy and happiness just as the flowerings and abundance of summer.

Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog  http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.

No comments: