Thursday, December 12, 2013

Celebration of Success

As I mentioned in my blog yesterday, Michelle and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary which we have heard is a remarkable accomplishment. Last week we met a man who told us he has being married for 62 years which we believe is fantastic and amazing. Michelle and I wanted to find out his recipe for success. He told us that he and his wife are a team. He said his wife is like a task master that she thinks he is a procrastinator. He told us that in life we need some people to nudge us forward and others to slow us down a occasionally. My friends I have to admit that what he told us sound a bit like Michelle and I. It is easy for me to ask what reasons do I have to celebrate 20 years when the man we spoke has gone 62 years? Yet there are still reasons for us to celebrate our successes.

Today I would like to share with you four reasons to celebrate your successes and accomplishments.
When you are down in the trenches and searching for a way out, is there really time to celebrate? Is celebrating taking up valuable time? As I have mentioned in previous blogs my life is far from being without challenges. Michelle and I could decide that because of the rafts of obstacles we face there is no time to pause for celebration but we celebrate of our successes and milestones because celebration is important.

When you are on a roll and you are accomplishing your goals, will celebration break the momentum? Pausing to celebrate will not break our momentum but rather it will inspire us to want to accomplish more.

A key requirement for success is goal setting and planning. Once we have set our goals and establish our plans for success we need to have a system that we can use to track and measure performance against our goals. We need to be able to recognize when we have achieved our goals so that we can celebrate our successes and accomplishments. Celebration is necessary to build our commitment and boost our performance. It is one of the most effective tools you can use to keep yourself motivated for a long period of time and focus on achieving more as well as striving for excellence. We will always have more goals and achievements to aim for but we must make time to celebrate our successes, big or small.

Here are four reasons to celebrate your successes:
Celebration helps us stay in the moment where our energy and motivation is at its peak
When we pause to celebrate small successes it allows us to stay in the moment where our energy and motivation is at its peak. Celebration helps us to build the momentum we need to stay focus and inspire us to wanting to achieve other goals. It allows us to express gratitude and experience as sense of accomplishment and contentment. Celebrating small successes and accomplishments is a celebration of life worth living. It is recognition of your hard work and an appreciation life and the journey traveled.

Celebration builds self-confidence and self-respect
Celebration builds our self-confidence and self-respect. Have you ever heard that you should treat others the way you want to be treated? Celebration allows you to show others how you would like to be treated. People will treat us according to how they see us treating ourselves. For example, if you demonstrate dignity and humility others will treat you with dignity and humility. When you celebrate your achievements it boosts your self-confidence and enhances your self-respect. Celebration allows us to eliminate doubt. It allows us to be proud of ourselves. It also serves as nourishment for you to love yourself more and feel a greater sense of acceptance.

Celebration allows you to mark your progress and remember your accomplishments
When faced with obstacles and challenges it easy to overlook how well you are progressing. Taking time out to celebrate allows us to see that we are in fact progressing. Life is a journey and every moment should be celebrated. Despite the obstacles, you have to take time out to acknowledge that you are making progress. Above all we tend to remember the good times in life when we have fun. Celebration allows us to mark our progress and create memorable moments.

Celebration allows us to self-promote and market ourselves
As I have mentioned in previous blogs I was taught at an early age that self-praise is no recommendation. However, since I started operating my own business, Mark McKenzie Consulting, I have learned the importance of promotion and marketing in business. I have learned that in a competitive market I have to blow my own horn to attract the right clients. I am proud of my accomplishments and as such I confidently celebrate my successes. I know what I do well and what I don’t do well. I am not ashamed of speaking about either my strengths and weaknesses or my accomplishments and mistakes. My daily blogs are evidence of how freely and shamelessly I speak of my strengths and vulnerabilities. Celebration allows you to self-promote and market yourself.

Today I shared with you four reasons to celebrate your successes. Celebrating success helps to create a feel good moment. It helps us stay in the moment where our energy and motivation is at its peak. It builds our self-confidence and self-respect. Celebration allows you to mark our progress and remember our accomplishments. It also allows us to self-promote and market ourselves. Celebration makes us have fun and keep us happy even during tough times.

How will you celebrate the end of 2013?


Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog  http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.

No comments: