Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Finding Your Root

Hello, I trust that you had a wonderful day yesterday and wish you all the very best for today.
I had a wonderful day. I had to opportunity to listen to three humourous speeches as the chair for City Centre Toastmasters Club’s Humourous Speech Contest. Today I will be accompanying my son to the traffic court in Mississauga. I am sure that will be story for another time. On a more exciting note I will also be working on an assignment for a project in Asia.

My blog is all about you, and today I would like to encourage you to find your root. In each of you I see your greatness. You are gifted. I firmly believe that for your gift to manifest itself you have to find your root.
Think of a tree. The roots of a tree are typically out of sight and as the saying goes, “Out of sight, out of mind.” Your greatness, your gift is very much like the roots of a tree. Your greatness, your gift, your talent has to be unearthed. We all know that one of the primary functions of a root system of a tree is to obtain and store nutrients. However, in this analogy I am thinking more of the importance of tree roots performing the vital function of stabilizing the tree.

What is your root? How do you find your root, which is the source of your greatness? For me your root is what the author Bill George and his coauthor, Peter Sims calls True North. Do you know what your life is about? What is your purpose?

Your root is that internal guiding system that anchors or stabilizes you in a truly chaotic world. It is that point of discovery of your greatness. It is like the lighthouse that guide ships in the black dark ocean of massive waves to the safety of the shores. It is that force that causes people to want to be around you because you are sincere. It is your most cherished values. It is the things that you are most passionate. It is that thing that motivates you. It is your source of satisfaction in life.

What is my purpose? I am inspired by your greatness and your gifts. My passion is to inspire and motivate you to be best you, you can be.

Do you know what your life is about? What is your purpose?

Find your root. The root of a tree contributes to its beauty like the Canadian maple tree in the fall. Like the roots of a tree discover your anchor or stabilizing force. Discover your greatness. Discover your gift. Discover your beauty!
Have a great day!

Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog  http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.

No comments: