Monday, September 30, 2013

HA-OOH! This is where you become who you want to be

I trust that you had a wonderful weekend and that your week will be prosperous and productive.

HA-OOH! This is where you become who you want to be.

In 300, King Leonidas of Sparta bravely led a small force of Greeks or mostly Spartan against a much larger Persian army with the rally cry “This is where we fight! This is where they die!" In response his small arm of about 300 shouted “HA-OOH!”

Your ultimate goal is to be who you want to be and today is your defining moment to become who you want to be. I am so excited for you I am shouting HA-OOH!  HA-OOH! HA-OOH! I am your loudest cheerleader and HA-OOH is my cheer for you.  In my see you are at centre stage on the field of play for football or hockey or basketball or tennis court at the Olympic Games or the NBA finals, Wimbledon or the PGA. You are the star attraction of your dream. You are the key performer to activating and executing each task necessary to achieving your goals. You are unique and only you can be who you want to be.

HA-OOH! …… HA-OOH! You can sit doing nothing and watch as your goals remain unattainable or you can act with a sense of purpose and consistency and turn your dreams in reality. Tackle your goals with the might of a fierce bull or lions and turn the impossible into possible. Your potential and growth is as limitlessness as the stratosphere.  Like King Agesilaus brandishing his spear and replying when asked “how far Sparta's boundaries stretched your potential is “As far as this can reach.”

Over the years I have written a lot of encouraging emails to my relatives and friends. Sometimes when I am working overseas I would write messages to let them know and they would write back excitingly to tell me how proud they are of me. Recently I decided to take my encouraging emails to different level. In June I was elected at the Vice President for Education for the City Centre Toastmasters Club in Mississauga, Ontario. Since then each week I write an email to club members encouraging them to participate in the education and leadership program.  The positive feedback to my emails from the club's members to date is overwhelming.

The power of encouragement from members of my Toastmasters club has propelled me to the point of blogging daily. I have always had the dream of writing. In fact I have a manuscript in the form of a memoir describing some my journeys through life which I hope to publish one day. Inspired by members of my Toastmasters I am now achieving my goal of sharing my thoughts and experience with you.  Just as I am being encouraged I want to cheer you on as well to be who you want to be.

Your dreams…..Your successes are important to me.  You are important to me!

Your potential has no limits and today you cross the border from being ordinary to be who you want to be. In the words of the Spartan poet Tyrtaeus I encourage you to rise up like warriors, take your stand to be who you want to be. Through determination, persistence, consistency and courage you will be who you want to be. To be who you want to be is your proudest accomplishment. To be who you want to be is the noblest prize that you can endeavor to win.

HA-OOH!....HA-OOH… This is where you become who you want to be.

Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog  http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.

No comments: