Friday, September 27, 2013

Do Something You Enjoy Just For You

Hello friends,

I hope that you had a wonderful and productive week and that you are very excited for weekend to rest and relax.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog posts this week. Two weeks ago I took up back the challenge of blogging and so far I have succeeded in writing a post daily. I am eternally grateful to you as my success to date is due to your generosity, support and encouragement. Thank you!  

As it is the end of the work week for most people, please take some time to rest, relax and do something enjoy just for you.  Just as it is important to do something kind for others it is equally important for you to do something you enjoy purely for yourself.  In the spring, summer and fall I enjoy going for long bike rides in Halton Hills, Caledon, Guelph, Cambridge and so many other places in Ontario. I enjoy the solitude and my connection to the beautiful landscape in the mountains. I enjoy meeting and greeting other avid cyclists along the route.  Another one of my favourite activities is enjoy cooking. Here is a picture of Marisa’s lunch for today – email or comment and tell what you think!

If you had a long and stressful week doing something you enjoy will help you to feel better. It will boost your self-esteem. You will be rejuvenated, re-energized and most importantly motivated.  Activities such as cycling, jogging, golfing and tennis, just to name a few will also improve your physical fitness and health.

There are other reasons for doing something you enjoy just for you such as:
It will help to remind you of your goals
It will help you clear your mind and refocus
It will help to you to concentrate and keep you in a positive frame of mind
It will help to build your momentum and break the monotony of routine tasks
It will help you connect with your immediate surroundings such as people of similar interest.


Please enjoy your weekend and do something enjoy just for you.

See you next week!

Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog  http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.    

No comments: