Tuesday, November 5, 2013

5 Beautiful Brilliant Benefits of Bright Words


“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.” ― Taylor Swift

Hello friends we made it through Monday and we are going to make it through today.

My friend Marc Samodee wrote me this email about my blog “Mark, great job with your blog – McKenzie's Voice! I had a chance to read it today. I will be reading your blog more frequently. It is great to know you enjoy blogging. I feel you have lots of life experience and personal ideas you can share that others can benefit from.”

Buoyed by Marc’s email I would like to share with you my 5 beautiful brilliant benefits of bright words. There is a proverb with the saying that “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” That is not true! Words can destroy us! Just look around at the children who are suffering from bullying and you will see the consequences of hurtful words or actions.

I am personally encouraged by the positive comments I received from you and others. I recognize the importance of positive words. I wake up every day with a positive attitude and positive thoughts. I am an optimist. Being an optimist does not meaning I have a perfect life. Like you I am confronted by the daily challenges of life but rather than seeing the glass as half-empty I see it as half-full. I use positive words to keep myself motivated and to inspire others around me. My basic philosophy is not to ignore the reality of life on a silver cloud but rather to focus on my belief in my abilities to be successful and to have a positive approach to the challenges I encounter and to endeavour to make the most of my situation.

Armed with positive words and a positive attitude I am able to make it through each day with a positive vibes! My friend Warren will tell you that I am like electricity. He will tell you that no matter how sorry your story I will always find something positive to say to you aimed at uplifting your spirit once I have listened to you. My two adult children, Marchelle and Malcolm, adore me for my positive attitude and use of positive words. They tell me I make them believe in themselves.

Let me share a story with you one of my friends told me about her childhood. When she was five years old she was hit by a car and almost died. Before the accident she was a fast learner and that made her father very proud. However, after the accident, her father seemingly heartbroken by the accident lashed out with comments that the accident had destroyed his child and that she could not do better because she was intellectually disabled. She said her father’s words damaged her as a child.

She said that when she I was 21 years old her father sat her down and told her she was a virtuous woman. Those words were positive and powerful and said those beautiful brilliant bright words liberated her. Prior to that day she thought of herself as intellectually disabled and incapable offering the world or achieving anything successful. Her self-esteem and self-confidence were low. She was uninspired and lacks motivation. She said that at the beginning of her adult life, her father breathed life back into her with his positive words.
Through my life I have come to acknowledge 5 beautiful brilliant benefits of bright words. They are:


  1. Positive words inspire and motivate us so that we can better cope with the challenges of life.
  2. Positive words strengthen us physically and emotionally thus making us more resilient
  3. Positive words help us believe in ourselves by boosting our self-esteem and self-confidence
  4. Positive words help you us attract positive people and boost our relationships with others
  5. Positive words convey a positive impression of each of us which is key to our successes


If you ever doubt how I am able to wake up each day with a positive attitude and thinking positive words allow me to share an open secret. My life is not perfect and very far from it! Like you I am confronted by challenges but here is how I manage to stay positive and thinking positive words and reap the beautiful brilliant benefits of bright words.

I draw my inspiration from your positive encouragement. I am also inspired by others. For example, I am inspired by the young remarkable 16 year old Olivia Wise who is battling brain cancer. I see her as an inspiration. Before her cover of Katy Perry’s Roar and I barely knew who Katy Perry was….yes, my challenges forces me into some kind of dark ages where I am truly unable to keep up with the who is who of celebrities. However, I am not entirely out of touch that I miss the sweet uplifting melody of Olivia Wise when she said “I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar.” Those are truly positive and uplifting words coming.

I did not miss Katy Perry’s beautiful brilliant bright words of encouragement to Olivia Wise because I am the bottom of a dark pit drowning in my challenges and sorrows. Katy Perry said to Olivia:

‘I love you and a lot of people love you, and that’s why your video got to me and moved everybody that saw it. So I just wanted to send you some love and some light and tell you that I’m thinking about you. Thank you so much. Keep roaring.’

Let us today send some love to Olivia Wise and whatever your circumstances today please keep roaring like Olivia Wise!

How have you benefited from positive words? How have you used positive words to encourage others?

Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog  http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.

No comments: