Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas

On Sunday, across the GTA and most of Ontario we woke up to the after effects of the worst ice storm since 1998. I spend the day with my wife, Michelle, clearing ice from our front yard. My heart and prayers are with those who have been severely affected by the ice storm.

Christmas is a time of giving and sharing. Right across the GTA there were stories of neighbours helping out each other in the true spirit of Christmas. My neighbour, Allan, used his clippers to help me cut some of the branches off tree that fell across my driveway.

Christmas is also a time of bright lights, happiness and peace but it is also a difficult time for others as my friend Anjula Evans pointed to me this morning in an email. Please allow me to share the email I received from Anjula this morning and a song she wrote about Christmas:

Sometimes Christmas is full of happiness, family, and seeing old friends. But it isn't for everyone. Some people spend Christmas by themselves, while others grieve the loss of loved ones, especially at those times. Christmas is never the same, once you've lost someone. I wrote a song titled “At This Christmas Time” for a family who had lost their child in a car accident. I had a difficult time recording it, because of the emotional aspects. I remember praying, as I was writing, that I would never have to endure a loss like this. A year later, I experienced a terrible loss. Christmas has never been the same for me since that time. This song has helped me to get through the last few Christmases.” Here's the link to Anjula’s song “At This Christmas Time”.

As we celebrate Christmas this year, let us remember those who are sick, the elderly, those who are affected by the ice storm and other natural disasters, those who are hungry, those without jobs, those in need of love and those who have lost love ones and find this time of the year difficult.
Once again, thank you all for your continued support and encouragement during the year.

May your Christmas be filled with joy, peace and happiness.


Mark McKenzie is a leading Subject Matter Expert in financial services regulation and supervision as well as a professional motivational speaker, corporate trainer and youth mentor.  He can be contacted by email mastbmckenzie@gmail.com or by telephone 647-406-4622. Read my blog http://mastbmckenzie.blogspot.ca/ and always write me a comment and share. Follow me on Twitter @mackynacky. Connect with me on www.youtube.com, Google+, Facebook and Linkedin.

No comments: