Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Living in Possibility

Guest Post by Gary A.Christian

If you have seen the movie The Matrix, starring Keanu Reeves, you will remember that the premise was that there is a world that we are aware of that is a fabrication called the Matrix and a whole other world that exists based on reality where anything is possible. Early in the movie Neo, Reeves’ character, is given the option of taking a blue pill and stay stuck with the life created by the Matrix or take the red pill that will open up the reality based world where absolutely anything is possible.

Well I’m here to tell you that there really is another dimension where everything and anything is actually possible.

The world in which we live in is one of fear, lack, hoarding, mistrust, disillusionment and loneliness. It’s a world of survival where there is a view of limitation and lack. One only has to turn on the evening news or pick up a newspaper to see evidence of this world. On the other hand there is also a whole world filled with possibility that is available to one and all. It is a world filled with optimism, potential, happiness, endless opportunity, power, freedom etc. This is a world that's hidden from view for most people because the world of lack, fear and scarcity is our default way of being.

But here’s the challenge that most people have with accessing that world….

They are stuck in the world of lack and therefore they don’t have access to what the possibility world has to offer. We stay stuck in jobs we hate because of the security that job provides. We don’t lose that weight that we’ve gained over the last few years because we’ve tried and tried and maybe “it’s just not meant to be”.  We even emotionally remain in failed relationships that have broken up because it’s easier to remain stuck in the hurt and pain of the break up rather than moving forward. We have all lived in this world because like I said this is our default way of living and we really don’t know any better.

However, to access the world of possibility in any area of your life you literally simply have to create the intention of possibility and live from that perspective. Although it’s a simple concept theoretically it won’t necessarily be easy to implement. When we are stuck in that world of overwhelm it can seem like a huge mountain to climb to get to the world of possibility but that first step is extremely simple.

You have to decide...that’s it.

Simply decide that you will move to the world of possibility in that area of life that you are finding yourself stuck and powerless in.  DECIDE to change it. And for many that will be the breakthrough that you are looking for.

Once you have actually made a decision to live in possibility you have to start with changing your mindset from one of scarcity and overwhelm.

...And how am I supposed to do that? You ask.

Well the simplest way to transition to the world of possibility is to change your language because your word creates your world.

Here are some examples:

Try > Will, Aim, Intend
Problem > Challenge
Spend > Invest
Have To > Get To
Should > Get To, Choose To
Must > Choose, Desire

As simple as this process may seem its immensely powerful because who we are and the actions we take is tied up in our language. It is not only what we speak to others but also, and more powerfully, it is the words that we say to ourselves.

If I was feeling stuck and powerless around a failed relationship that I couldn’t seem to get over I would first DECIDE that I wanted to get unstuck. Then I would have to create a new possibility or intention in this area of my life such as:

“I am creating the possibility that I put this relationship in the past where it belongs and open myself up for healing. This would allow me to clear a space for something new and marvelous to enter my life.”

Next I would define how I would operate in my world if I wasn’t stuck in my relationship. For example I would
Give up on blame
Look for what lessons the relationship taught me
Let the other person go and wish them well
Catch myself and monitor my thoughts and language when talking or think about the relationship

Finally I would conduct myself through the lens of this new perspective that I had designed for myself.

This is just one way to access a new possibility for feelings of being stuck in an area of your life. While changing your mindset and your language is not a magic formula that will work in every area all the time being open to the potential of what living in possibility can do for you and your life makes it a worthwhile process. Going forward I challenge you to look at your life and focus on an area where you are feeling like you have lost power or are feeling stuck. Redefine the challenge you are having from the perspective of living in the world of possibility and prepare for a new way of being around that area.

Are you overwhelmed? Are you living in possibility? What stopping you from living a life of possibility? Have you moved pass your possibility blocks?

Read more of Gary A. Christian's blogs here.

No comments: